Sunday, June 28, 2009

Monday, June 22, 2009 - Tragedy

I spent Sunday and Monday in, working on a job application and getting things in order for the coming week. In a lot of ways, I'm glad that I did that, but also because of the tragic and devastating train collision on the metro red line Monday afternoon, just before 5 pm eastern.

That was a pretty difficult thing to know happened, but I am grateful that I wasn't traveling on the metro that day. I wouldn't have had any reason to be that far NE, but it was still very close to home. Only the third collision in the history of the metro, and the second with fatalities. This one was the worst.

And now they know that the sensors on the track weren't functioning properly, and the conductor of the oncoming train, who also died in the collision, did everything she could to stop it. She's being hailed as a heor now, and rightfully so, I think.

No comments: